Monday, April 7, 2008

Arrested Development Movie!

In 2006, when my most beloved show Arrested Development was canceled, there were rumors that they were going to do a movie. That seemed to me to be the light at the end of the tunnel, a way to reconcile the pain of watching the greatest sitcom since Seinfeld slip away into television history.

From time to time I have thought about the possibility of them doing a movie, but as time passed it seemed less and less plausible. But apparently the light at the end of my tunnel has been re-lit. My good friend Russ told me, and imdb confirmed it, that an Arrested Development movie is now officially in the works and scheduled for release in 2009!

E! did an interview with Jason Bateman, in which JB also confirmed their plans for a movie.

ARRESTED DEVELOPMENT star, Jason Batemen recently said, “I can confirm that a round of sniffing has started. Any talk is targeting a poststrike situation, of course. I think, as always, that it’s a question of whether the people with the money are willing to give our leader, Mitch Hurwitz, what he deserves for his participation. And I can speak for the cast when I say our fingers are crossed.”

I too, am going to keep my fingers crossed. Not just that the movie will receive the proper funding and commence production, but that enough people will support the film that maybe FOX will reconsider bringing it back for a fourth season.

5 comments:

sarah jane said...

AMAZING!!! This makes my month. I'm so happy that they've reconsidered the movie idea. How cool would it be to have it come back?! Thank you for sharing this with the those still saddened by the loss of arrested.

Brett said...

Seriously, it feels unreal to me. Part of me still thinks it's a trick, and I'll probably have my doubts about it until I'm actually in the theater watching GOB ride around on his segway. Then I'll know its actually real.

Heather said...

I had heard about this as well and I was so excited too...and then my cyncism took over me. The universe [the hollywood industry] just seems to let me down when it comes to Arrested Development. I remember crossing my fingers that the show would be renewed another season, instead it was canceled...let down. I was crossing my fingers that the show would be picked up by Showtime...then let down. I was crossing my fingers that DVD sales would bring the show back (like what happened with Family Guy)...then let down. And so now I hope so badly for an Arrested Development movie, if only to restore my faith in humanity [the hollywood industry].
So I'm totally with you in that I'll have my doubts until I'm actually in the theatre watching Buster trying to give a shoulder massage with his hook hand.

P.S. I like the new blog!

Shannon said...

YAY! I'm glad to hear it's finally happening! Earlier comments said it all.

sarah jane said...

segways and hook/hand massages...I need the arrested development movie to be a reality!